Thursday, March 26, 2020

Should Not Complain....BUT

Great Blue Heron Music Festival
This is going to be a short post, but wanted to put something up today, otherwise it would not a daily journal log of my own Social Distancing Lock Down because of our World Wide Coronavirus PAndemic. 

Sometimes our own problems are so minor compelled to what others are going through...those who have passed from the Pandemic, those infected and in the hospital, doctors, nurses and all first responders come quickly to mind.  That said, for me, yesterday was not a good day.

Around 2:30 I went into the kitchen to make coffee and upon opening up my refrigerator for the coffee creamer found out that my refrigerator had DIED, given up the ghost, was not working...the same frig loaded up with all the food I laid in for this crisis.  Can we say PANIC TIME?  So, called a repairman who arrived right at 5:00 PM, charged me $100 to take a look at the unit for all of two minutes and say, sorry, it cannot be fixed, it is dead, you are better off just shopping for a new one.  Well thank you for that Mr. Repairman, and do enjoy that $100 you gouged me for.

You cannot get a refrigerator at 5:00 PM, let alone get it delivered so it was panic time.  I was able to find two small refrigerators, and with some serious effort got them into my basement apartment and got all the food stuffed into them thus saving my emergency food supplies...was late by the time I got that emergency dealt with.  UGG...Last week my Keurig died, this week the refrigerator...Thank God I do not own a washer and dryer.

Today was gorgeous out so went for a nice walk with my camera, said hello to a few folks (we kept our safety distance) here in town and took some cash out of the ATM...sure it is not going to happen, but have been building up my cash on hand in case there is a run on the banks.  Sorry to be so pessimistic, but it could happen, and cash is king.

Ordered in tonight and waiting for Sushi...pricy, but after last night felt I needed a special treat and love my sushi.

Let me pick out a picture and put this up...I know, feel guilty, but just don't have the energy or zest to do this journal justice on this day.   I am tired, a bit under the weather and just want to curl up and push aside this overwhelming loneliness I have felt today for some reason.  Maybe getting out for a nice walk on a warm day has heighten my senses to just how alone I am in my little basement apartment...quick, someone put on Cinderella.  

No comments:

Post a Comment