Donald J Trump in his presser yesterday again tried to bury his lies, change the narrative so that he seems the hero in our Corona Virus American Greek tragedy. First he says reports he just saw showed our nation could see 2.2 million deaths from the Corona Virus and that reality was unacceptable so he was taking swift action on Sheltering in Place to save lives, to lower the potential number of deaths down to 100-200,000 deaths. Never mine that it was and is his failures of leadership that created the model that would kill 2.2 Million of us. he then went on to say that IF we can keep deaths under 200,000 he would declare that a HUGE VICTORY.
200,000 deaths, many of them directly related to Donald J Trump and the @GOP's dereliction of duty in dealing with this pandemic, and it's considered now to be a victory? No!...these leaders must be held accountable for their crimes against humanity, but they are not the only ones. Jerry Falwell Jr. insisted on opening back up the doors of Liberty University and a few scant days later 19 students have tested positive for the Corona Virus...in LA a church had choir practice. Out of 40 some members of the Choir, 25 have tested positive for the virus, five hospitalized, and two dead. This is all too real folks, and if you cannot shelter in place to save your own lives, do it to save mine and everyone else's.
Certain deaths from this pandemic seem to touch us personally more than others do...someone barely hanging on I just found out is John Prine...losing him will hurt on a very personal basis, he was one of those musicians who got me through some very rough troubling times when I wore a young man's clothes. He's in very rough shape, and not looking like he will make it. His loss will be a very large one for the music fans among us.
I pray for his miracle recovery, but if the angels are calling him to the heavens, I wish him God's speed as he travels up into the heavens to join so many great musicians who have passed before him who I know will be waiting at the gates of Heaven to welcome him home. Be well my friend whom I never met but feel as if I know.
Could not find sleep last night at all...finally dozed off to a fitful few hours sleep at 6:00 AM this morning, and was back up at nine.
Going to close for now and see if I can get an afternoon nap in. Later tonight or tomorrow morning will try to write a more in depth entry, make some personal observations about the Pandemic and how I see it changing all of us, our town, our state, the nation and the world forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment